Did You Know? Knoxville Is A Recession-Proof City
Nearly half of American CFOs are predicting a recession by the end of 2019.–Survey Released by Duke University.
Does the thought of facing another recession make you nervous?
If you live in Knoxville, you’ve positioned yourself well. Knoxville is a recession-proof city according to Livability.com. Knoxville was recently named #5 on a list of recession-proof cities compiled by Livability.com.
With the chance of a recession on the horizon, Livability.com explored what cities in the US are better to weather an economic crisis. They looked at housing markets, unemployment rates, and proximity to government centers and universities. They also took into account a cities overall livability and entertainment.
Knoxville received nods for being home to the University of Tennessee. Being a university town, there’s a constant stream of young residents coming to town and is also home to many restaurants. In addition, Knoxville is home to Y12 National Security Complex and Oak Ridge National Lab, which are two large government employers.
Knoxville also enjoys proximity to many big cities and attractions. Knoxville is close to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, which is the most visited national park. Knoxville is also close to many large cities like Nashville, Atlanta, and Charlotte.
This is not the first time that Knoxville has topped a national ranking list in recent years. Here are a few other lists that Knoxville has topped in recent years:
- Earlier this year, Knoxville was named one of the cities Americans are flocking to and Knoxville was named one of the next urban powerhouses by Realtor.com.
- Also this year, Knoxville was named one of the Best Affordable Cities In The US.
- In 2017, Knoxville was named one of the hippest cities.
- In 2017, Knoxville was named one of the top 10 cities where outdoor lovers can afford to live.
- Also in 2017, Knoxville was named one of the hottest real estate markets by Zillow.
- Farragut was named one of the best cities to raise a family also in 2017.
- Knoxville was also named one of America’s Favorite Cities in 2017 by Travel + Leisure.
Are you thinking about buying a Knoxville home in 2019? Please let us know if there is any way that Knoxville Home Team can assist you. Rick can be reached at 865-696-9002 or via email at Rick@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com. Kati can be reached at Kati@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com. Also, be sure to check out our Knoxville Home Search Page.