Knoxville Named One Of The Next Urban Powerhouses By Realtor.com
Did you know that Knoxville has been named one of the next urban powerhouses by Realtor.com?
Realtor.com recently ranked smaller cities in the US that are poised to skyrocket in the coming years. Realtor.com looked at the top 200 largest metros, examining job growth, income, housing prices, and cultural amenities to determine what cities in the US are poised to become the next urban powerhouses.
While cities like Nashville and Austin are thriving right now, these cities are poised to become the next big thing. The cities on this list are in a sweet spot where prices haven’t skyrocketed yet.
Here is the complete list of cities:
Myrtle Beach, SC
Grant Rapids, NC
Daytona Beach, FL
Realtor.com predicts that Knoxville will become one of the next urban powerhouses due to its potential job growth, great location, housing prices, and cultural amenities. According to Sperling’s Best Places, job growth in Knoxville is predicted to increase by 38% over the next decade. Knoxville also enjoys a great geographic location, making it close to many other cities. It’s just a couple hours away from other urban hubs including Nashville, Atlanta, and Charlotte.
Knoxville is also enjoying a strong housing market. Median list prices have increased 9.9% year over as of April 1, according to data from Realtor.com. But, even with the increase in home prices, Knoxville still has very affordable homes.
In addition, Knoxville is close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is the most visited national park in the country.
This is not the first time that Knoxville has topped a national ranking list in recent years. Here are a few other lists that Knoxville has topped in recent years:
- Earlier this year, Knoxville was named one of the cities Americans are flocking to.
- This year, Knoxville was named one of the Best Affordable Cities In The US.
- In 2017, Knoxville was named one of the hippest cities.
- In 2017, Knoxville was named one of the top 10 cities where outdoor lovers can afford to live.
- Also in 2017, Knoxville was named one of the hottest real estate markets by Zillow.
- Farragut was named one of the best cities to raise a family also in 2017.
- Knoxville was also named one of America’s Favorite Cities in 2017 by Travel + Leisure.
Are you thinking about buying a Knoxville home in 2018? Please let us know if there is any way that Knoxville Home Team can assist you. Rick can be reached at 865-696-9002 or via email at Rick@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com. Kati can be reached at Kati@KnoxvilleHomeTeam.Com. Also, be sure to check out our Knoxville Home Search Page