Knoxville Among The Top 10 Cities Where Outdoor Lovers Can Afford To Live
Living in a city where you can enjoy the great outdoors doesn’t have to be as expensive and hard as you may think.
Oftentimes, when people think about cities with great outdoor living they think of Denver, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, or Seattle. While these cities may offer mountains, lakes, or the ocean, they often come with a high cost of living, making them out of reach for those who don’t have the paycheck to support that lifestyle.
Luckily, though, outdoor lovers shouldn’t fret. There are many cities in the U.S. that allow you to enjoy outdoor living but do not come with the hefty price tag.
Realtor.com recently name 10 cities where outdoor lovers can actually afford to live. Knoxville was included on that list, ranking #9 overall.
In order to come up with a list of affordable cities for outdoor lovers, Realtor.com looked a wide-variety of factors. Here are what factors were considered:
- Proximity to national parks within a 4-hour drive
- Number of state parks or beaches within a 1-hour drive
- Outdoor dining options
- Number of months with mild weather (temps between 60 to 80 degrees)
- Bicycle friendliness from the League of American Bicyclists
- Median home prices below $300,0000
Knoxville received nods for having a low cost of living as well as its proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains. Knoxville is just a short drive to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. In addition, Knoxville has a large array of restaurants with outdoor seating. Knoxville also has the Tennessee River, which provides a variety of outdoor activities.
Here is the complete list of cities that offer affordable living for outdoor lovers:
- Greenville, SC
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Morgantown, WV
- Greensboro, NC
- Dayton, OH
- Tampa, FL
- Chico, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Knoxville, TN
- Buffalo, NY
This is not the first time that Knoxville has topped a national ranking list in recent years. Here are a few other lists that Knoxville has topped in recent years:
- In 2017, Knoxville was named one of the hottest real estate markets by Zillow.
- Farragut was named one of the best cities to raise a family also in 2017.
- Knoxville was also named one of America’s Favorite Cities earlier this year by Travel + Leisure.
- In 2015, Knoxville was named one of the Best College Sports Towns, ranking #2 on the national list.
- In 2015, Knoxville named one of the Best Cities To Relocate To By The Huffington Post.
Are you thinking about buying a Knoxville home in 2017? Please let us know if there is any way that Knoxville Home Team can assist you. Rick can be reached at 865-696-9002 or via email at [email protected]. Kati can be reached at [email protected]. Also, be sure to check out our Knoxville Home Search Page